Last updated: December 13, 2017
Wow, congratulations, you’re having a baby! Now, if you’re anything like us, you want to create a natural, non-toxic baby registry with smart healthy choices, but also don’t want to break the bank. We have all the steps to get you the most bang for your buck.
First, when should you start your baby registry?
We get this question often. It’s easy for time to pass quickly when you’re expecting a baby, especially when you’re reading about the amazing growth that’s happening prenatal. Of course you can start the baby essential list at any time, but the typical start time is around 12 weeks of pregnancy. Your baby registry should be completed about a month before your baby shower, which is typically around 6 weeks before your baby is due. See our baby must-have list here to help you get started and take the guesswork out of what’s really needed.
So, what is the best baby registry to use?
We gave a pass on places like Babies”R”Us, Pottery Barn and even Target. Why? The big-box stores have limited selections of true non-toxic items and when they do, they’re usually overpriced. After researching the availability of affordable natural baby items in addition to the best perks, rewards and returns, the online Amazon baby registry wins, hands down.
Why Amazon is the best choice for your baby registry
Amazon is consistently the best in customer service and let’s face it, when you’re about to have a baby, the last thing you want to deal with is lousy customer service. In addition, the Amazon baby registry:
- is completely free, and you can add you can add items from any online store.
- has a 10% completion discount; 15% completion discount and 20% off diaper subscriptions for Amazon Prime/Family members ($99/year, which includes a ton of other perks). Note this discount can only be used once and has a time frame: up to 60 days before or up to 180 days after your baby’s arrival date. The completion discount is only valid for specific baby-related items that are sold by Amazon.com. Even with all of these disclaimers, it’s still a fantastic deal.
- has an extremely easy return system with a free 90-day return policy for baby registry items.
- has a simple way to spread the word about your good news to family and friends. The registry also includes a convenient “thank you list” feature that tracks gift purchases (a must-have for baby brain).
- won’t set up the baby registry for you, but no worries, we’ve got you covered here.
Tips for your Amazon online baby registry
- Have a wide range of prices so family and close friends can purchase the big ticket items, and others can get smaller items.
- Include the amount of each item you’d like (you’ll need multiples of certain items, such as organic crib sheets).
- Visit any local baby store to see and feel the big ticket items, such as baby strollers.
- Don’t forget the food. As a new parent you will be tired, hungry and looking for snacks. Take advantage of Amazon’s newly-acquired Whole Foods and enjoy the many natural food options they now offer.
- We’ve created a natural baby register ebook guide which includes everything you need and a bonus of a pre-filled Amazon baby registry. Check it out here.
Having a baby is a super exciting time in your life; enjoy every moment. And we’re here to help; please contact us if you have any questions about starting a baby registry.