We all want the best for our babies, and that certainly includes a non-toxic good night’s sleep. Conventional mattresses often contain materials such as plasticizers, polyurethane foam, and vinyl (PVC) that have been linked to problems with child development. There is even a theory that SIDS is caused by the toxic chemicals released by conventional crib mattresses (read more here). Some organic mattresses can really set you back (over $300), but we’ve found the perfect balance between organic and budget-friendly: the L.A. Baby Organic 2 in 1 crib mattress.
Why we love:
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Made with USDA Certified Organic cotton.
- The mattress has two sides: firm side for infants, and a semi-firm side for toddlers.
- Made with OKEO-TEX® Certified natural bamboo cover.
- Made with CertiPUR-US high density soy foam which provides better support for your baby’s spine and mattress edge safety.
- Compliant to CPSC safety regulations.
- Lifetime warranty with great customer service.
Our other favorite organic items for the crib:
- Organic crib mattress cover for under $30 (even though the natural bamboo mattress cover is easy to clean, this waterproof cover is a must for removing and washing)
- Organic cotton crib sheet for under $15 (these are so very soft and stocking up on 3 seems to be a good number for 1 baby)
Don’t miss out on this best organic crib mattress for under $150.